BULLETIN - Clutch Drum Mounting Instructions
Attention Rotax Customers: We would like to provide you with the following important information. It is strictly forbidden to start or operate a ROTAX MAX engine without the clutch drum mounted! The available instructions have to be followed at all times!
For proper mounting of the clutch drum with sprocket to the crankshaft:
- block the starter gear with the fixation tool (ROTAX part no. 676 205)
- degrease the thread of the crankshaft and the hex nut (12).
- apply LOCTITE 243 (B) to the thread of the hex nut (12).
- fit the hex nut (12) to the crankshaft and tighten the hex nut with 35 Nm.
- remove excessive LOCTITE from the crankshaft.
- remove fixation tool for the starter gear.