New FR-125 Crankcases for 2013
For 2013, BRP Powertrain has introduced new crankcase molds to replace the original molds.
In 2011 it was determined by BRP-Powertrain engineers that the molds being used to produce the FR-125 crankcases were nearing the end of their life. As such, they set about building a new set of molds. These new crankcases, dubbed “295913” are fully interchangeable with the old cases and are designed to offer equal performance with the original cases.
Specification of the new crankcase 295913:
- Both crankcases (new and existing) are 100% interchangeable.
- New crankcase is designed for equal performance compared to the existing crankcase.
- Material accumulations in different areas have been eliminated to improve the casting process (lower risk of porosity leaks).
- The fixation of the crankshaft oil seals in the crankcase is improved to avoid the popping out of the oil seals.
- At the engine assembly the new crankcase will be stamped with the engine serial number. In addition a type plate with the engine serial number will be fixed to the crankcase.